Aug 22, 2012

a crab dip born out of necessity


This crab dip was a far cry from what I normally would have thrown together with 12 ounces of fresh crab meat, but I was definitely pleased with the result. As I mentioned, we were leaving the beach the next morning and needed to use up what we had in the house, so I didn't want to buy what I would need to whip up a hot crab dip or crab cakes. I have seen a lot of cold crab dips that use cream cheese as a base, and while I'm sure they are delicious, this one is definitely much more bathing suit friendly. Using leftover Greek Yogurt from taco night (not this one but same idea) as the base, I concocted a delightful crab dip that was light, tasty, and least importantly... healthy!

Recipe
12 ounces of fresh crab meat (cooked)
10 ounces of 0% Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
1 1/2 tablespoons good Dijon Mustard
Lemon Pepper
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Red pepper flakes
Green Onion

Mix together crab, yogurt, cucumber, mustard and lemon zest. Add 2 tablespoons of LP, one tablespoon of paprika and a shake or two of red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish off with freshly chopped green onion and a dash of paprika. Refrigerate until it is time to serve!



[best part about having guests over is devouring the leftovers once they leave]

2 comments:

  1. holy moly this looks so delicious!!!! i can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing!! I love anything with crabmeat! xx

    www.glittersgold.com

    ReplyDelete