Aug 9, 2012

roasted garlic and shallot dip


I picked up a few of my favorite cooking magazines in La Guardia on the way down to Sea Island and have loved flipping through them over and over again by the pool. I found this recipe for a refreshing twist on a traditional onion dip in Food Network Magazine. I adapted it a bit, and it was seriously good and very easy to whip together as a light poolside appetizer. You simply coat six unpeeled shallots and six (original recipe called for three) unpeeled garlic cloves in olive oil and roast at 350° for about 30 minutes. Once roasted, they pop right out of their skins. Chop everything up and toss them in about a cup and a half of your favorite Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani) and add salt and lemon pepper to taste. Stir in some chopped chives and top it with more. Serve with your favorite potato chips. So good!





No comments:

Post a Comment